CodeIgniter is an open source rapid development web application framework, for use in building dynamic web sites with PHP. “Its goal is to enable [developers] to develop projects much faster than writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries.
CodeIgniter is loosely based on the popular Model-View-Controller development pattern. While view and controller classes are a necessary part of development under CodeIgniter, models are optional.
CodeIgniter is most often noted for its speed when compared to other PHP frameworks. CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
Codeigniter services includes
- You want a framework with a small footprint.
- You need exceptional performance.
- You need clear, thorough documentation.
- You are not interested in large-scale monolithic libraries.
- You need broad compatibility with standard hosting.
- You prefer nearly zero configuration.
- You don’t want to adhere to restrictive coding rules.
- You don’t want to learn another template language.
- You prefer simple solutions to complexity.
- You want to spend more time away from the computer.
- It is faster
- It is lighter
- The least like a framework